Revenue grew 28% with EBITDA up 23.6% in 2Q16
Monterrey, Mexico, July 18, 2016 – Arca Continental, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV: AC*) (“Arca Continental” or “AC”), the second-largest Coca-Cola bottler in Latin America and third-largest in the world, announced today its results for the second quarter and first half of 2016 (“2Q16” and “6M16”).
- Net sales reached Ps. 23,071 million, 27.9% higher when compared to 2Q15.
- • EBITDA increased 23.6% to Ps. 5,317 million when compared to 2Q15, representing a margin of 23%.
- Net income was Ps. 2,001 million, for a net margin of 8.7%.
- Net sales grew 33.1% to Ps. 44,345 million.
- EBITDA reached Ps. 9,598 million, or 32.1% above 6M15, for a margin of 21.6%
- Net income rose 10.5% to Ps. 3,872 million, representing a net margin of 8.7%.
COMMENTS FROM THE CEO
“Thanks to our company’s operating discipline, continuous improvement in customer service, sustained level of investment at the point of sale and steadfast commitment to satisfy consumers with a portfolio every day more versatile, Arca Continental continued to deliver positive results.
In 2Q16 we reported a 28% increase in revenues and 23.6% growth in EBITDA compared to 2Q15, in the face of various events at the international level during the period”, stated Francisco Garza Egloff, Chief Executive Officer of Arca Continental.
“Furthermore, consistent with our permanent search for opportunities that create value in a profitable and sustainable manner, this past May we announced the signing of a letter of intent with The Coca-Cola Company to operate in the U.S. the territories of Texas, parts of Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arkansas, which will further strengthen our company’s growth story”, he added.
Download here the full report